Saturday, March 30, 2013

#Slice2013: Day 30 of 31 - Stalled Staycation

 
After getting all psyched up about taking the A-Train to Dallas for a weekend staycation @ the Ross Perot Museum, disappointment and dashed hopes threatened to ruin my day when the following message appeared on my computer screen after attempting to purchase tickets online.

BUMMER!

Perhaps these unmet expectations could have been avoided if I had purchased tickets in advance. I suppose I deserve the feelings of disappointment, but this reality does not make recalibrating the day any easier.

I will only wallow for a minute in my momentary misfortune, and I will do my best to make the most of this beautiful Saturday. Who knows what lovely adventures lie ahead?

6 comments:

  1. OOhhhh...I can so relate! i hope your new adventure holds a delightful surprise. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly...the day is lovely and it's early yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have difficulty with buying tickets in advance. It seems like such a commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you will discover new adventures...and I hope you write about them. If it is not that far away...maybe you can try again. It sounds like an interesting museum. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the well-wishes! I ended up lounging on the couch, catching up on old DVR epidsodes of my favorite T.V. shows. Hanging around the house was quite delightful. For dinner, Chris and I have decided to make our own NY hotdogs. Yay for relaxing Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a great attitide that you could turn your disappointment around so quickly! I have to agree with elle1955 buying things in advanced seems like such a commitment. I never used to do it. But now that I have children I have to plan better and couldn't bare to have Disney on Ice or American Royal Rodeo sold out! Wouldn't you know the first time I purchased tickets in advanced on-line we were standing in line to go into the arena (feeling pretty proud of myself that we already had tickets and didn't have to stand in the ticket purhcasing line) when a lady approaches us and asks us if we need 3 free tickets! Ugggg!! Really?! dang it! But at least we saw the show! Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete