Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Bosom Friends & Kindred Spirits, #SOL15


During late elementary school I discovered the book series, Anne of Avonlea. As a 5th grade girl desperately seeking love and belonging, I was drawn to the spunky, independent orphan who taught me the power of connection, loyalty, and family. After devouring these classic novels, I stumbled upon the Disney movie and T.V. series, which reaffirmed my passion for Canadian culture, fierce friendships, and genuine attachment. 


Since my first encounter with Anne and Diana, I have often wished for "bosom friends". Lucky for for me, I've been blessed to meet several incredible women who have entered and stayed in my life across the last ten years. One of these precious people came to visit my students and I this afternoon, and her presence lit up my classroom. Marly exudes light, goodness, and authenticity wherever she goes, and today I am am a healthier, happier person because she took the time to drive all the way from Dallas to Denton during her spring break to spend the afternoon with little ole' me. Miss Natherson is a kindred spirit, and I am eternally grateful for the relationship we share. 

   








5 comments:

  1. Good friends, like Marly, are hard to find, but wonderful to have. Glad you have bosom friends in your life. That's truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I agree that friendships like these are a rare treasure.

      Delete
  2. Anne talks about "kindred spirits" throughout the series. My friends and I like to think of each other that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, isn't it wonderful how characters from books stick with us and become their own version of "kindred spirits"? I'm glad to know there are others out there who cherish Anne and Diana the same way I do!

      Delete
  3. Friendships make these days so much brighter! I'm thankful that you were blessed today!

    ReplyDelete