Monday, March 30, 2015

More Than A Number #SOL15

I found this thoughtful message in my inbox this morning from the world-renown, passionate writing guru, Barry Lane. Several years ago, when I worked in Crowley ISD, I had the privilege of driving Mr. Lane to the DFW airport so he could catch his plane home after a two day staff development in our district. He was animated, honest, and quirky, and I knew he loved kids. The fact he took the time to send a personalized message to the the public school children of Texas today makes me admire him even more. This heartfelt sentiment will help me make it through day one of the grueling STAAR writing test, Thank you for the gentle reminder that my students and I are more than a number.

For the Children of Texas. 
    You Are Way More Than a Number!
        Don't fret about the test. 
      Be happy. 
                                                               Know that you are loved                                                            for who you are. 
Here is a song  for you.      
~Barry Lane


6 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Hope your day is good and relatively uneventful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sing it Barry! Here's to knowing the truth about kids and their teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the message he sends and that he sent it. We should be listening to him than the ed reform pundits who have never spent a day in a classroom as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the message he sends and that he sent it. We should be listening to him than the ed reform pundits who have never spent a day in a classroom as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew the airport fun fact. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great message, and I'm so glad day one is over. Now, for day two...

    ReplyDelete