Monday, August 27, 2012

Positive & Productive First Day of School

Considering I have no point of reference for a first day of school as an instructional coach, I think today went well. I breezed through morning duty, greeting all the returning families with a warm smile. After announcements, I taught a couple of Caf√© mini-lessons in second grade, and I modeled how to identify Read to Self behaviors on anchor charts. The best part of my day included assisting a brand-new fifth grade teacher as she walked her students through the C.H.A.M.P.S. acronym. Helping establish these critical classroom procedures provided me with a sense of purpose, and for the first time since I agreed to serve in this role, I felt like my contributions were meaningful. Dismissal ran smoothly, and our team collectively sought solutions to a scheduling nightmare. Overall, I give the day a thumbs-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment