Thursday, March 14, 2013

#Slice2013: Day 14 of 31 - Hazardous Habituation

A majestic mountain view greeted me this morning. Wearing my favorite hoody and wrapped in a fuzzy blanket, I scuttled out to the patio to capture the glowing sunrise on the backdrop of the Colorado Rockies.

As I soaked in the the stunning scenery my mind wandered to a recent blog I read by Jim Knight titled Everything Is Amazing And We Still Don't Change: What Louis CK Can Teach Us About Personal Growth. If you haven't read the post, it's definitely worth your time.

http://www.radicallearners.com/everything-is-amazing-and-we-still-dont-change-what-ck-can-teach-us-about-personal-growth/

Amazing doesn't adequately capture the magnificence of the surrounding mountains, but I wonder if local citizens would describe them in the same manner. Or would they simply shrug their shoulders and say, "Oh we don't even notice them anymore."

 

1 comment:

  1. I spent months working up high in the Rockies near Creede at a guest ranch. I love those mountains. I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete