Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Current Obsession


I'm afraid I may be a little late to the party, but my current obsession seems to be planning my first PBL unit on Transforming Schools. The  month of May is my favorite time of year because I am finally free to teach again without the constraints of standardized testing. My new administrator is a passionate proponent of PBL, and by the end of this week I will have 10 new Ipad minis in my classroom to help with the research. I'm stoked! I am excited about this learning adventure, but I'm also struggling with my novice status. There is so much to absorb, plan, and consider. I know mistakes will be made. I won't do it perfectly. Letting the kids take the reigns and allowing true innovation to emerge will be a serious challenge. I'm hopeful this new unit will re-energize me and allow my aspirational values and practiced values to become more aligned. 




1 comment:

  1. I simply can not wait to hear how your unit goes! We will all learn from your experience!

    ReplyDelete