Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Opinions Galore!


Writers look closely at the world, they see and feel things intensely.
What did you see or feel today?

We are getting ready to switch gears from personal narratives to opinion writing, and my mind overflows with thoughts, questions, and ideas. I want my students to choose topics they are passionate about, so I decided I would cull a list of things currently getting me riled up or excited. A few claims I could easily support are listed below.

  • The RTI process is cumbersome, and it disempowers teachers. 
  • The month of October is insufferably long!
  • This is Us happens to be the best show on television right now. 
  • Teachers have too many plates to spin and not enough time to keep them spinning. 
  • Every teacher should have the opportunity to attend the Teacher's College and learn from the greatest minds in education. 
  • All Americans should vote their conscious on Nov. 8. 
  • Choice matters in reading and writing. Kids deserve to choose their own topics. 
  • Six week grading periods are too short, causing our assessment practices and teaching practices to be misaligned.  
  • Someone forgot to tell Texas it was Autumn.
  • The Girl Who Drank the Moon is a powerful, well-written fantasy book.
  • When wars take place between people in positions of power, children become the casualties. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, now I want to go write my own list of things I'm feeling passionate about right now! I love the mix of serious and light-hearted, personal and professional.

    ReplyDelete