Writing my final slice of life for the month of March ushers in a variety of emotions. A sense of completion and accomplishment envelops me as I type my last blog post of the challenge. Although many of my submissions were published late, I am proud of my efforts. Next year I will be more diligent about replying to other's slices, and I hopefully this experience will keep me motivated and inspired to continue writing on a regular basis.
This weekend, I began reading a new professional book by Jennifer Jacobson titled, No More I'm Done: Fostering Independent Writers in the Primary Grades. Mrs. Barnes, my third grade teacher suggested it, and I know I can always count on her recommendations to inspire me. I love what I've read so far, and as the SOLC draws to a close, I can appreciate the impulsive nature of a six year old who raises his hand and declares, "Mrs. _____, I'm done!"

I don't plan to quit writing any time soon, and I realize now the commitment art requires. Diligence, steadfastness, and a willingness to stick to the task at hand are necessary if we hope to maintain writing momentum. I think of Jeff Anderson's book, Ten Things Every Writer Needs to Know, in which he encourages young authors to spill their words on the page. I also think of Angela Duckworth's axiom to Choose Easy, Work Hard.
For today, I'm declaring victory. I made it to the finish line, and I'm glad I joined in on the fun. I want to thank all of the other slicers who took the time to comment on my posts, and I appreciate Ruth & Stacey for hosting the challenge.
I love the title of your post, as I often use this phrase myself at the end of long days. Congrats on making it here and thanks for the writing resources. Perhaps I'll see you some Tuesdays?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I too love the title of this piece and love how you linked it to the texts and to your students! I have enjoyed reading YOUR writing and look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Thank you for the Duckworth link. Years ago I read The Having of Wonderful Ideas, but I haven't seen her TED talk. Here's to the month, cheers! See you on Tuesday!
ReplyDelete