Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Day 17 #SOL21: Contemplating Travel

"Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory." ~Gustave Flaubert


One of the greatest casualties of this pandemic has been the loss of travel. Wanderlust runs in my veins, and after several failed trip attempts in 2020, I spent the remainder of the year hesitant and insecure to plan for the future. Our adult children both graduated from college last May, and like so many others, they lost out on long-held traditions and a senior trip. A year later, my growing blended family is finally making up for lost time. 


*I began crafting this blog on the morning of March. 17, St. Patrick's Day. It's now almost midnight, and after an eight-mile sightseeing trek across Chicago, I'm prematurely publishing in order to submit my daily writing task. Sometimes incomplete equals done. 


 


3 comments:

  1. I'm missing travel too! Mostly travel to warm places with water!!! I miss beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TENILLE!!!!!! YOU ARE IN CHICAGO!?!?!? If you're in town, let's get a coffee!!!!!!! I live in Logan Square...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are here! The thought of travel again - wanderlust indeed. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete