For the first time since February of 2020, I joined in person PLC's at one of my campuses today to share ideas and resources for developing data-driven, responsive small groups. Up until this point, every interaction I've had with my new colleagues has been in a one-on-one setting or through screens.
Masked up and socially distanced, the grade level teams made their way to an empty classroom during their conference time to study, collaborate, and expand their repertoire of instructional methods. Something about these brief meetings felt familiar—yet foreign. I've missed the banter, laughter, and collegial conversations more than I ever imagined.
While these interactions were life-giving, I'm dog ass tired. My pillow is calling my name and it's only 8:00 p.m. Although Zoom fatigue is equally exhausting, I think I've forgotten how much energy it takes to juggle multiple relationships at once. I have lots more thoughts, but for now my mind and body need rest.
P.S. As I sign off this blog, I'm having to tell the gremlins in head to shut-the-hell up. I wrote something. And that's enough.


More than enough. Cornelius M. says every day we cannot give 100. Ration across the week. Some days you'll have 7s. Others you'll have 5s. And ALL of those days are just right. Sending you love - it ALL takes SO.MUCH.ENERGY. Save some for yourself, and lean into the quiet when you can. XX
ReplyDelete"My mind and body need rest." You are wise to recognize this, listen to it, and obey. Rest well, my friend. The work will be there in the wee hours when you awaken to start anew.
ReplyDelete