Monday, March 21, 2022

A Bumpy Reentry—#SOL22, Day 21

 

I have not turned my attention towards work for the last eleven days.

Thanks to our son's wedding and a much needed travel experience, the school switch was permanently flipped to the off position.

I relished the recaptured headspace immensely.

In a profession where the boundaries between work and home feel blurred, I'm thankful for brief sabbaticals like these.


Like an astronaut whose been in outer-space for months, re-entry into the world of work may be a bit rocky today.

My hope is that everyone in the educational ecosystem is gentle with themselves as we reacclimate to our surroundings. 

P.S. If you are getting ready to embark on your spring break, I encourage you flip your switch to the off position.  

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely, next week, my switch will be flipped to OFF! Glad you were able to turn your switch off; and remember, go easy on yourself today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have finally finally learned that when I am not at work, the switch needs to be OFF. Otherwise, I simply don't have enough time to truly recuperate and restore before heading back to work. So glad you were able to get that time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have another couple of weeks before flipping that switch, and I am looking forward to it! Hope the wedding was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that line is certainly blurry for me. My husband and I (both teachers) do our homework on evenings and Sundays. So hard to turn off that switch! Glad you were able to do so during Spring Break. I am on Spring Break, and I find my mind wandering back to work...I am sure if I had a wedding to distract me, it might help. Glad you were able to do so. Tam Truong

    ReplyDelete
  5. My switch gets flipped in a few more weeks and I'm ready...I may be turning it off slowly already, actually. I have often wondered what it would be like to have a job that I could leave in the building each day. I've just never been ready to leave this one, even if it rarely gets turned off.

    ReplyDelete