Last Saturday, our son committed himself to a lifetime of monogamy with a woman he loves.
Hunter wrote these beautiful words about the experience."A few days ago, I stood at this alter awaiting my bride to join me there. As I stood waiting, I reflected on all of the memories that we shared in which this woman directly contributed to my growth as a person, and was overwhelmed with gratitude. As she walked down the aisle, I captured each step with breathtaking awe at her beauty and marveled at the joy, admiration, and wonder I felt. I was familiar with all of these emotions from the other moments that took my breath away; our first date, the first "I love you", the first time I met her family, and she mine, and the day that I asked for her hand in marriage. Despite these familiar emotions, I also felt a new one, which was a combination of fear and comfort at the same time. Fear that the unfamiliar path ahead would forever have me wondering if I will be good enough for her, but comforted in knowing that she will always believe I am. And she will always be for me. Here is to a lifetime more of these feelings, I will always cherish them."
Seven days later, I am still in awe of Hunter's heart. Our boy is more than enough. His sweet bride is more than enough. These two humans compliment one another so well. My deepest desire for them both is that they learn to adapt and accept the people they will continue to become as time marches on.
Fifteen years ago, I fell hard for his dad. Once I understood life doesn't come with a money-back guarantee, I knew I'd found the man I wanted to grow old with, evolving together as the years passed. He was 36. I was 27. Today, we are 42 and 51. Our life together is damn good. I'm stinkin' grateful for this man. He's a keeper. I know Serena feels the same about his son.
Aw, what sweet thoughts! I can feel your pride and love, and I'm so happy for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on all counts. Thanks for sharing the joy!
ReplyDelete