Tuesday, June 25, 2013

#TeachersWrite - "Sometimes" June 25



My sweet friend Marly invited me to join her in an online writing experience for educators during the summer. I decided to sign up and participate in the grueling, yet satisfying, act of writing. A huge shout out to Kate Messner for hosting!http://www.katemessner.com/teachers-write/.

 Here's my first exercise. It's a little rough around the edges and in need of revision, but it's a start!


Sometimes in my Honda Civic, I turn the music up too loud and belt out the lyrics to Don’t Stop Believing by Journey. Sometimes I replay conversations from the day, worrying if the problems at school are too big to solve. Sometimes an idea hits me square in the head, and I pull over to write it down or record it on my IPhone. Sometimes my husband and bonus kiddos load down the trunk and head out on the highway with books in tow, ready to make memories we’ll cherish for a lifetime. Sometimes an author, a business leader, or researcher will knock the edges off my thinking while I listen to a podcast or contemplate a powerful TED talk. Sometimes, I’m grateful for my little car and the space it gives me to dream, and wonder, and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment