Monday, March 9, 2015

Compliance Wins, #SOL15



I need to post a blog. Unfortunately, tonight I have nothing to say. I feel stuck and uninspired. I've thought of a few possible topics, but each idea fizzles out, and I'm left staring at the blank screen. Like my students, I choose to complete this the task out of sheer compliance. The bristling descriptor from our district writing rubric which states "I don't care if anyone reads this. I just want to be done" keeps ringing in my head. Maybe just showing up will be enough for today. Sometimes compliance wins. 




2 comments:

  1. I love that you are quoting our rubric! It may not be perfect, but at least it is a work in progress! I agree that some days you just have to comply for compliance sake. I am proud of you for showing up!!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I was almost in that same boat yesterday. I had no idea what to write about. Now as I think of topics, I add them to a "topics" list. I'm hoping it helps.

    ReplyDelete