Saturday, March 7, 2015

Daddy Daughter Senior Trip, #SOL15



Chris and Chandler left today for her senior trip. They were headed for LAX, and tomorrow they will catch a cruise ship bound for Baja California. After dropping them the off at the DFW airport, I hugged their necks and wished them well. On the drive to the airport, I heard my sweet eighteen year old bonus daughter exclaim from the backseat, "Hey Dadddy, do you play Tetris?"  A smile the size of Texas spread across my face. Chandler loves her father with abandon, and despite her parent's divorce, she is inextricably connected to the man who conceived and cared for her since birth. 

Watching Chris invest in  his daughter's life brings me great joy. I know the two of them will have a memorable trip, and I can't wait to hear all about their travel adventures. Being a bonus mom to two amazing teenagers has been one of the greatest gifts of my life. I wasn't around when Chandler was this small, but I've been there through early elementary, adolescence, and the tumultuous teenage years. I couldn't ask for a better bonus daughter, and I am so in love with her daddy. She's a lucky girl and I hope she and her father create memories that will last a lifetime. 

3 comments:

  1. They are so blessed to have you in their lives, Tenille!!! You are an encourager to all you meet. What kid, or adult for that matter, could not benefit from a kind word. Thanks for the sunshine you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you refer to yourself as a bonus mom, what a positive way to express something that can be so challenging. How very amazing of you to want the best for them. They are loved, there is nothing better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blended families are tough. I grew up in one, and I'm a handful of my students navigate the stormy waters of learning how to live in a blended family. You and Chris are doing it the right way. Your parenting gives me hope that one day I'll get to start my own family and follow in your footsteps. (That gave me goosebumps a little bit.)

    ReplyDelete