Thursday, April 9, 2015

Five Years Ago

\

Timehop is almost as good as a journal for resurfacing dormant memories. Today when I saw this post about trekking through the meadow with Hunter and Chandler, I was instantly transported to another time and place. My precious bonus kids are young adults now, and soon they will both be enrolled at Texas Tech University in Lubbock. It's hard to believe that five years ago they were wobbly adolescence, navigating the treacherous waters of middle school and high school. The word blessed is insufficient when I attempt to describe how lucky I am to have such incredible children in my life. You hear so many horror stories about being a step-mom, yet somehow we managed to avoid the many pitfalls often faced by blended families. Their parents did a great job raising them, and I am thankful I've been given the opportunity to love them too, Reminiscing brings me great joy. 


Here's a Shade family photo, circa Easter 2010. Time changes us externally and internally. 





1 comment:

  1. What a great looking family! I love seeing you light up about your bonus kids!

    I just downloaded Timehop, and I loved remembering!

    ReplyDelete