Monday, March 14, 2022

I Hear The 🚂 Train A Comin'—#SOL22, Day 14

    

During the summer of 2020, I mourned the loss of travel something fierce. Chris and I waited until the very last minute to cancel our Northern California road trip, and for weeks bitterness and disappointment gnawed at my spirit. Fast forward two years, and we finally made it!  🎉  Once we realized our son's wedding would bump up to our Spring Break, we figured we might as well try again. So far, the stunning scenery has been well worth the wait.

Our first stop on the journey was Folsom State Prison, where Johnny Cash sang his famous ballad. Unfortunately, the museum was still closed due to Covid, but it was fun to swing by and imagine The Man in Black crooning along with the convicts. 


Chris carefully swerved along the snow-covered mountain roads, hugging the curves closely as we climbed in elevation to the South Lake Tahoe area. The sunlight glistening on the lake took my breath away.


Now that we are settled into our boutique hotel, our plan is to hit the local brewery trail. A fast moving snow storm ❄️ sweeps through tomorrow, so we need to make the most of the sunshine and warmer temperatures. So damn grateful to be hitting the open road again this week with the man of my dreams. 




5 comments:

  1. That view really does take your breath away. It sounds like you are having some great "open road" time. Enjoy the local brewery trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great start to your trip! I bet it feels so good to be traveling again. We too waited until the very end to cancel a trip, I can't wait to travel during my spring break! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! So beautiful, so gorgeous! I am so glad you're getting this time and have to admit, I'm excited to get some travel in soon too. ENJOY!!!! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a pleasure to read. Interesting where life brings us. I enjoyed the pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What stunning pictures! And what a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete