Sunday, March 3, 2013

#Slice2013: 3 of 31 - What Matters Now?

 
 
It's past my bedtime, and I'm frantically trying to send a few last minute emails before the week begins. I've been drowning in a sea of data for the last few hours, and after an extensive conversation with one of our third grade teachers, I am frazzled and exhausted.
 
Our benchmark scores are abysmal. STAAR is staring us in the face, and the sky feels like it's falling. Our campus is in ambulance mode, desperate to fix what's broken. In the midst of the standardized testing frenzy, it's easy to lose our north star.
 
Kids matter. Falling in love with books matter. World Read Aloud Day matters. Holding onto hope matters.
 
This too shall pass.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, those right before bedtime scrambles to get things done! I know just how that feels. I wrote about what matters today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what matters. You know your north star. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to hold onto what we know is important when so many things are barreling toward us. Keep going, you know what's right and you will find the balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, kids matter. Keep them front and center. You know who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Your messages brightened my day and restored hope. It's nice to know I have some fellow travelers out there who understand my struggles.

    ReplyDelete