Sunday, June 5, 2016

Homecoming Queen: It's Just A Teenage Dream


Having grown up in a small Texas Panhandle town, I can appreciate this song more than you know. I wouldn't trade my high school experience for anything in the world. However, I'm also grateful I left that dusty oilfield community almost 19 years ago. The opportunity to be homecoming queen, a cheerleader, and valedictorian would not have been afforded to me in the city, and although I technically wasn't a "popular" kid, I was accepted, loved, and celebrated. Brandy Clark's lyrics resonate deeply with my soul, and I'm thankful she shares her art with the world. Her new album, Big Day in a Small Town debuts on June 10. Can't wait to hear all of her new music!



Yeah, too bad life ain't a local parade
In your Uncle's Corvette on a Saturday
With all the little girls waiting on you to wave
When you're seventeen
You won't always be homecoming queen
Or the captain of the team
It ain't what it seems
It's just a teenage dream . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment